Even in death, the server mocks me

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Armadillo of Doom, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Edit 1:Much love to our resident snark.

So we finally did a clean install of the server; http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=4963 Some shmuck at our hosting place deleted a few of the library files, like .dlls or something. Drpepper reinstalled everything, but that was not the last of it, oh no. It seems that our server sensed it's demise was imminent, and sought to further vex me. All of the configuration files were reset, and in the base language no less. That means it's all one gigantic block of illegible text. And in my wisdom, I only thought to back up a few things. So now I have to first decipher everything, separating the correct lines to make it readable again. And then I have to rewrite most of the code to match our preferences. On top of that, my car needs an extra $800 to fix some stupid alignment thing that would decrease the life spawn by years if not corrected soon. And I have my usual school workload. frell me.
    [​IMG]

I really do need a hug right now :(

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  2. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    /hug.

3. Spike

Spike L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ok guys, donate 800$ right now

4. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    umm...want to explain exactly what you mean?
    primarily what configuration files your talking about?
    as ive yet to see a server that requires you to write code for it to function

5. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    That's SourceMod for you.

6. Armadillo of Doom

Positive Ratings:
    I never said it was needed to function. The server is running right now. But there were a lot of custom settings I'll need to add again. And it's all a gigantic text block in notepad right now. I haven't even gotten around to adding re-adding SourceTV, which requires code in both the server.cfg and autoexec.cfg.

7. MrAlBobo

Positive Ratings:
    welp, ive got some free time, want me to take a crack at it?
    and...umm...don't forget that there are good odds these things were the problem
    and in theory you don't need an autoexec cfg for a server...as the server.cfg activates at similar times...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  8. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP.
    It's not the server's problem. It's notepad. Use ANY other text editor (even Wordpad!) and it will read the linebreaks properly.

9. GrimGriz

GrimGriz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
  10. Armadillo of Doom

Positive Ratings:
    <3. It's so stupidly simple, I'm amazed I didn't think of that before. By the time I got around to messing w/ the server before, everything was already aligned properly in notepad. Just changing the 'read as' format made it open nicely in my pirate Office '08 :D Much love my friend, this saves me a huge headache, lol.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  11. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    tf2maps.net/blog/immortal-d

12. Armadillo of Doom

Positive Ratings:
    doh. You are correct sir. I wonder if I can move an entire thread into my blog via the forum tools? hmm...

13. MrAlBobo

Positive Ratings:
    christ no...after what happened with rtv last gameday the last thing we need is the ability to rate maps in game...