Eureka mine stage 1

PL Eureka mine stage 1 b6

GigaBite

L2: Junior Member
Jan 28, 2022
GigaBite updated Eureka mine stage 1 with a new update entry:

New changes and general improvements

Based on feedback received and what was observed during playtests, the following changes have been made:
  • Added props to help manage sightline leading from the blue right flank in area A to the blue starting area.
  • Smoothed out displacements and made them neater.
  • Added doorway to shoot through and drop down from, on top of the right flank after the AB connector.
  • Added respawn room visualiser outside of the third Red spawn exit to make it absolutely clear to blue players that...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GigaBite

Jan 28, 2022

Beta phase

I am satisfied that the gameplay has been tested thoroughly in the Alpha phase, now aesthetics will be developed.
This version is a basic version of beta phase. It's attributes are:
  • Basic geometry details.
  • A few props.
  • No soundsscapes.
  • Very basic optimisation.
  • Textured environment.
  • Basic lighting.
  • A few overlays and sprites.
I think development of stage 1 will end here until stage 2 and stage 3 reach their beta 1 phase.
Stage 2, coming soon!

GigaBite

Jan 28, 2022

New changes

I think this will be the last beta release for stage 1 until stages 2 and 3 are in their beta phase.
Changes include:
  • Forward spawns for blue team inside the original spawn room after the 1st point is captured.
  • The gap in the bridge over area A has been closed.
  • An additional small healthpack inside the tunnel from floor to the wrap around flank in area B.
  • Additional props.
  • Additional overlays.
  • Minor clipping changes.
  • Light is compiled in HDR.

GigaBite

Jan 28, 2022
Hey,
I watched your feedback video, and firstly I wanted to say thank-you for taking the time to create it. I am humbled that you did this and I like receiving constructive feedback for my work. I am considering the changes you suggested.

As of writing this reply, stage 1 of Eureka Mine is in beta 3. As a single-stage map, I think stage 1's development ends here.
However, stage 1 will be further developed once it is at a minimum, merged with stage 2, which is currently in development.
I am planning to create a 3-staged map.

I hope this clarifies some confusions you, or other people may have had about this version of the map.
Thank you again and I hope you had fun playing on it!

GigaBite

Jan 28, 2022

Beta phase major changes

I want this here as an updated, more beautiful version available of Stage 1.
Stage 1 is essentially done in terms of gameplay and anything further for aesthetics is dependent on how merging it with stages 2 and 3 will go.
This version aims to both correct a few gameplay flaws with the previous version, and significantly improve the overall aesthetics.
Gameplay changes include:
  • Changed Red third spawn exit route to open up elsewhere, making the wrap-around flank in area B more...