Central European: 6:00 PM
UK: 5:00 PM
Eastern: 12:00 PM (noon)
Central: 11:00 AM
Mountain: 10:00 AM
Pacific: 9:00 AM
Find your time here

Map Submission Format
Required: Exact Map Filename (ctf_example_a4)
Required: TF2Maps.net file ID number, OR url to offsite download.
__BZ2 compressed files are greatly appreciated to save time for the host.
__May NOT be a hosting site like mega-upload (wait times, codes, excessive ads, etc).
First time submissions, Required: TF2Maps.net discussion thread number.
__My scheduling system uses this number, I need it, not the post number. (picture)
If you need a specific time slot: Available time & your time zone.
If your submission is a single stage out of a multi-stage map, please mention this. (orphaned stage)
If you are a donator with upload abilities, please say if you have already uploaded the map.

Testing options
• A time extension may be requested for mature non-arena maps in need of fine tuning (this includes orphaned stages).

You can keep the same TF2Maps.net file number by clicking edit on your file's page and then simply putting a new file in the upload box. This makes it easier for you (don't have to update all your links!), easier for me, and less clutter on the site. (picture)

Rules
The map must be playable. This means fully functional objective system, proper spawns, not fullbright, etc.
__The purpose of this testing is to help authors refine their designs, not catch newbie bugs.
Filename MUST be versioned. (ctf_example_a1.bsp, NOT ctf_example.bsp)
__Do not rename a bsp after compile. The vmf must be renamed before compile.
Filename must be all lowercase. (ctf_example_a1.bsp, NOT CTF_Example_A1.bsp)
__Our Linux servers don't work with uppercase names.
Map must be IN DEVELOPMENT, finished maps do not require testing.
Map may NOT use a point_servercommand to alter any variables.
Map must be designed for normal play.
__This means no melee, class restricted, too small for 24 players, or otherwise gimmicky maps.

• You may NOT reserve a submission without a download.
• Non-compliance with rules will result in rejection of the submission.
• If an author has more than one map they want tested, they must be submitted to separate days.

Information
• Submission deadline is 11 PM EST, 1 day prior.
• Maps will get 30 minutes playtime, KotH gets 20, Arena and orphaned stages get 15.
• Submissions will be limited to 3 hours of testing.
Last map can exceed the limit so long as most of the testing happens within the 3 hour period(30 minute test starting at 2:40 EST is allowed, 30 minute test starting at 2:50 EST isn't)

EDIT: 1k posts :O

Last edited by a moderator:

osiem

L2: Junior Member
Jan 25, 2011
cp_osiem_a7_stage1
download
thread
time: if possible, 2nd or 3rd
stv: yes, please

This is an orphaned stage, but it's fully detailed, so if I could get some more than 15 minutes, I'd be grateful. :)

osiem

L2: Junior Member
Jan 25, 2011
Sorry, but I don't really know what's wrong, it looks like I'm the first one submitting the map and there's still some time until the submissions deadline, huh?

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Portal 2. Sorry...

Drop into chat and you might be able to drum up interest for an impromptu.

Yea, there is a LOT of P2 Mapping going on. I'm one of them.

BUT, I'm doing this gameday because I need a break.

Also Trotim, at the moment, if your not first, your last, and if your last, your first. So, Catch-22. ;)

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Alright, well Deadlines past. what I'm going to do is have these 3 maps listed played, then there is some for an impromptu that we will play after as things progress, if not, it will be a casual play and we can play what ever maps (NO FINALWAYS) we want til I have to go.

It'll go Torx, Trotim, Osiem. Then whatever else comes up tomorrow.

I will assume that these maps are in working order, since this will be a pretty loose/laidback gameday. Authors, PLEASE double check things are working. I will be uploading them in the morning.

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
cp_canyonfodder_b3b
thread: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=16197
DL: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=4456

if you're already full up, just pop me on at the end, impromptu style. :)

edit:
also i have a meeting at 4 today, so the earliest i'd be able to get back is by 6 i'd imagine... maybe 7. anywho, hopefully that shouldn't be a problem cos you got 3 maps already + start at 5pm --> i.e. the 3 maps will be done by 6:30pm. if i'm not back though, start it going without me if you feel people will start to vanish before 7pm.

Last edited:

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I don't like sudden deadlines like this looking at what kind timezone i live in.
When thread goes up it is too late for me to go get all info and post, and when deadline comes, it is too early for me to go and make said post, i think it would be better off have no deadline at all until, say, hour or two before gameday, so all EU timezones get chance to have roll with this.

That said:

Map: pl_wilson_project_s1_a3
DL: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6948925/Maps/pl_wilson_project_s1_a3.bsp.bz2
Thread: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=16911

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Wilson, the reason that there is a deadline is so that the host has time to run through each map and make sure it works.

Since this one is going to be pretty laid back though, I'd like every author to make sure that opposing teams can't open each others spawn doors (-Glares at wilson-) and that generally the map is playable. I will still do a quick check of each, but I'm trusting the authors on this one.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Wilson, the reason that there is a deadline is so that the host has time to run through each map and make sure it works.

Since this one is going to be pretty laid back though, I'd like every author to make sure that opposing teams can't open each others spawn doors (-Glares at wilson-) and that generally the map is playable. I will still do a quick check of each, but I'm trusting the authors on this one.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I know, but there still wasn't one like that in any of the gamedays, it just puts people that are busy otherwise or live in some timezones in really bad spot.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Due to issues beyond my control (Aka, the servers) Today's gameday is cancelled. I will talk with HarriboKid about putting these maps into the Tuesday Gameday (if servers are working *fingers crossed*)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Look at it this way, more time for you to Map for Portal 2.

MacNetron

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 12, 2007
PM'ed the map authors with the details of getting the demos from the moved gameday to our PlayStuff.net MapLab server :D
Hopefully helpful to use the feedback to improve their maps.
Thanks to all who playtested and gave feedback on the maps!

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Yes, Thank you to Playstuff.net (and Ezekel) for allowing us to move to their servers for our gameday! It looks like all of you should've recieved the same PM that I recieved, so your should have the demos.

Again, thanks a bunch for playstuff.net letting us take over their server for our gameday. I'll be sure to start talking to drp and geit and other server mods about whats going on with the servers/uploading.