My entry to the Summer 72hr mapping contest :lol:

A video on it's creation:

Last edited by a moderator:

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Okay, 2 things I feel I need to apologize for first:
1: Sorry, I'm using mediafire for the time being, I can't figure out how to upload BSP to the site.
2: I had to compile the map on fast VIS because for some reason, Normal VIS takes HOURS and fast VIS takes 5 minutes. (I spent all morning trying to fix the problem, like 80% of the map is func_detailed, I'm sorry!)

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Sounds like you should be hinting more and func_detailing less, then, especially from looking at your screenshots. I'd have to see it in game to be sure though. ~80% is way too high and that's probably a lot of your problem.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Okay, 2 things I feel I need to apologize for first:
1: Sorry, I'm using mediafire for the time being, I can't figure out how to upload BSP to the site.
2: I had to compile the map on fast VIS because for some reason, Normal VIS takes HOURS and fast VIS takes 5 minutes. (I spent all morning trying to fix the problem, like 80% of the map is func_detailed, I'm sorry!)
1. You have to upload as a BZ2, is why. Is the site still not clear about this? Need to get Geit on that.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
I probably should've put the video on the map's development here first, instead of in the TF2 talk thread.

Well, it's here now.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
So, I just realized, I forgot to upload estuary a2a.

It's exactly the same as a2, but, it's already on the TF2maps server, and a2 doesn't launch. For some reason. Something about the map being invalid.

Sorry guys, I didn't realize that most people would probably download it from here