Essentials.TF is looking for coders

WolfMachina

L1: Registered
Aug 9, 2014
Wolf here from Essentials.TF.

We at Essentials.TF are a group that is aiming to help support the community by giving a central location for TF2 players to go to find any great content made by the community and to share content of their own. We want to be open to helping anyone who wants to support the community and give helpful content, like Crash's already hugely successful mapping guides.

At this moment in time we would like to rewrite essentials in php to allow easier development in the future and for us to add far more features. However to do this we would like to take on a couple more php devs to ensure we can get the content out as quickly as possible. Therefore, we are looking for people that are willing to help us develop the site.

If you have any interest in this please feel free to add me on steam and we can talk about what this will entail and your previous experience (don't worry you don't need tons of experience). I look forward to hearing from you guys.

P.S. If you have any ideas for things you would like to see on the site or if you have any resources, guides or communities we should help people find, post them below or send them to me and I'll make sure they make it onto the site.

RataDeOrdenador

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 12, 2015
Do you like,need ANY experience at all?

Like,I dunno,I might be interested in this,but I might have between 0 and nothing experience. But this might be the "motivation" I need to watch those php tutorials and well,ACTUALLY use them (Because I couldn't find anything "interesting" that I could use to test my skills)

Sooo,yeah... *ahem*

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I have professional experience with PHP, mainly working at a company that used it as the basis for their in-house CMS and occasionally needed custom code written for their clients, but I haven't touched it in a while. The most extensive thing I've ever built from scratch was a very basic CMS that allowed me to post new strips and news posts to my webcomic. And even that used Apache's built-in login prompts so I wouldn't have to code any security features.