es_hunted

Sirveaux

L1: Registered
Jun 23, 2008
So I know this idea has been bouncing around for a while, but I've basically in a vaccuum done a Hunted remake that's now in Beta. I'll just requote the post I put elsewhere in the forums here:

I looked around the net for people doing this already and didn't find anyone outside of some guy who was doing an entire mod around it (and the last progress reported on that was sometime last year I think). So since it is clear that Valve isn't going to do a direct Hunted remake I thought I'd give it a try.

You can find some screenshots here.

I've stayed pretty true to the original; there are some slight changes in layout (e.g. the ruins are a little different) but the major connectivity is the same.

I have the class restrictions in place. Currently a medic carries the intel, the other classes are restricted to soldiers, hwguys and demos. The purpose of the inclusion of demos is to balance out the lack of a 5-sniper limit on the assassin team; we'll see in playtesting how that works out. Obviously I'm still in a beta mode so changes could be made to this. I felt pyros would be redundant to the role of HWGuys for this map.

When the map has gone through some testing I'll make it available for an open beta.