Resource icon

Environment Gallery - No more decompiling of Valve's maps! 1.0

Prop

L3: Member
Jun 17, 2010
The drop box file isn't working :( I was given advice to get this... would be awesome if it could be uploaded or something! :) Thanks!

Nov 14, 2009
This no longer works. Ace, would you mind if I re-made this, with the backround textures working, and with a useable link?

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Just use the texture face editing tool or whatever its called (ctrl+m?) and select the white face. It says the name of the map afaik

Nov 14, 2009
Interesting. I have been using the skybox provided in the notes on the light_env :p'

Guess there's multiple solutions!

Jan 31, 2008
Yeah highlighting the white spaces works. I'm not sure why the images stopped working, I guess Valve moved the files or removed them for some reason.
Also, you could have PMed me about the link being down, I rarely visit these forums.

Anyhow, the link works now :)
I'll see if I can update the images on the maps to show up

Updated the first post with 1.7 now

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2008
Coldfront uses a custom skybox, soundscapes, and env lighting, too :p

Ah, yeah I've only checked the Valve maps. I'll add all 4 maps to the gallery :)

1.8 is now up! The screenshots are fixed and the engineer update maps are added

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2008
Completely off topic, but are you ever coming back to Photic?

I hope so! I've been busy with lots of other things in life, which is why I haven't done anything in a long time. I almost abandoned photic, but there seems to be loads of people who want to see it reach completion. At some point, I'll probably finish it. :)