env_sprite

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Haggis, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Haggis

Haggis L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I am trying to use the bluelight.1 env_sprite but cant get it to work.When i compile all i get is a small picture of a blue light,how do i get it to work.

2. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    Could you be more specific?

You might try changing the render-mode to "World Space Glow".

3. Washipato

Washipato L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Are you trying to have a "laser" effect? if that's what you looking for, use the env_laser and set it to work with bluelight1

4. Haggis

Positive Ratings:
    This is what happens when the map is compiled,it just shows a small picture of light

[​IMG]

This is what i have the properties set at

[​IMG]

The sprite name was bluelight.vmt but after looking on google what i read said to add the file ext .spr so i changed .vmt to .spr but it still did not work.I have never used sprites before,all i want to do is to get it working.

5. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    What is it you're trying to make? Describe it as if you were asking someone else to build it.

6. Haggis

Positive Ratings:
    A light like the one in your avatar,a bit like a vandergraph effect.I want it to be put on electric cables but i do not want sparks.The bluelight.1 sprite looked the closest to what i was looking for

7. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    If you want moving lightning but not machinery-just-exploded sparks, I'd try making a custom particle and use info_particle_system to center it in your map.

If you start up TF2 with the "-tools" command line option, you can use the particle editor.

8. Mexican Apple Thief

Mexican Apple Thief L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER

Positive Ratings:
    My map has some shocky effects, I used one of the sapper particles.

9. Haggis

Positive Ratings:
    That would be exactly what i am looking for,can you give me step by step instructions on how to do this please.

10. Haggis

Positive Ratings:
    Can anybody tell me how to get the sapper effect working in my map,if not can anybody tell me how to get my env_sprite working with the bluelight.1 effect