env_screenoverlay in multiplayer

Jive Turkey

L3: Member
Jan 22, 2008
So I have a trigger_multiple that calls StartOverlays on an env_screenoverlay entity on the trigger's OnStartTouch, while OnEndTouch calls the StopOverlays input. This works in my map when I test it alone. My question is who does this entity affect? Does everyone receive the overlay effect whenever 1 person steps into this trigger or does it only affect the player in the trigger? If I have multiple players touching the trigger will this one entity turn on the overlay for each of them? If not, then does anyone know a way to achieve this sort of behavior?

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
I dunno about env_screenoverlay specifically. However, for similar such items, it will affect everyone, regardless of who triggered it. Atm, there is no way to filter or otherwise do things to a specific player or class.

Kernel

L1: Registered
Nov 7, 2007
i've tried this, briefly a few months back, and it just crashes the game. I haven't looked at it lately but for now, all i can say is good luck.

Termaximus

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 11, 2008
Don't listen to Jive, he is only trying to get close to you so he can "sell" you discount penile growth pills from Nigeria in an email spam scam.

Just kidding, as per our phone conversation if you can track down the mapper of the ctf map Yaargh he may be of assistance. He has a trigger set so when someone brakes the glass case surrounding the intel the screen goes all mushroom trip on you. Although it may be right that it only effects everyone and not a specific person or team as I only have played the map briefly.