Entities Forgetting They're Entities?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by sniprpenguin, Nov 12, 2009.

1. sniprpenguin

sniprpenguin L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    So I was mapping, trying to make a spawnroom. And basically, I'd tie one thing to an entity, make all the settings and hit "Apply", go do something else, and come back to the previous thing and suddenly it's a solid with 6 faces and no func status. I can tie an entity to it, and its original name and entity type are shown on the 2D views, but apparently they're reverting back to solids. I know that I'm hitting Apply, because everytime I tie it back to an entity, the name gets changed, and that's one of the items I input.

Help! This is driving me BANANAS!

2. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    You have ignore groups on. Turn them off and use the button "objects" if they're in a group.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Altaco

Altaco L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    That's correct. I believe the shortcut is Ctrl+W.

4. sniprpenguin

sniprpenguin L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Seems to have worked. Somewhere along the way, I must have hit the shortcut for it. I wouldn't know if that was the case, seeing as how I turned it off and on again. Thanks anyways.

5. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    It's a bit confusing, but there's a logical reason it works this way:

Taking multiple brushes and making them one single brush entity is basically a form of grouping. Thus it allows you to move individual brushes by temporarily forgetting they're "grouped" via entity relationship.

6. Blue552

Blue552 L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sometimes this happens to me too.

You're entities are still entities there's just a bug in Hammer that shows that they arn't.

Reload Hammer and it should work, does for me.

7. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    All of you forgot the new forum feature.

:ig:

is the button you want to ukcheck.