Made by Jeremy
Dustbowl-style A/D map inspired by Gorge. Two rounds so far.
The rooms seem very tall. Too tall.
Does the container do block any campability at all? To me it seems just like it tightenes the space at which both exits are in sight. Or am I seeing something entirely wrong?
It's supposed to stop someone from seeing both the ground spawn exits at once, thus rendering BLUs unable to spawn-camp efficiently. But it's also tightening the space, which is something I don't want.
Let steam exhaust from the ground that can be walked through but not seen trough. Of course it must fit your theme.
I don't know how to do that effectively without killing framerates on lower-end computers. Also, that won't stop blind-fire.
Anyway, I've found a way around this and I will be uploading updated screenshots later.
New screenshots up.
Forgive me, if the only difference I can see are catwalks added, a container removed, and a spawndoor added.
Thats how updating maps works. You make small changes, test them, and repeat.
Basically I added a wall next to the spawn exit which replaces the container. Not much but as Swordfish said, small changes.
Download link is up. Feel free to bash my mapping skills now.
* Added more room between points
* Modified second point
** Added more walls around point
** Changed ramp from first red spawn to point
* Modified first red spawn
** Rotated spawn points
** Added wall to block visibility from outside the spawn room
* Optimisation improvements
* Lowered ceilings
Might upload to gameday soon.
Didn't get into gameday this time because I was too late entering this map. Until the next gameday comes round I'd appreciate some feedback in terms of layout and such.
* Added railings
* Minor optimisation improvement
* Added some details here and there
unfortunatelly i joined gameday when your map had about 5 minutes left so didnt gather much to comment. what i did notice is that you have a quite a few rooms with ceiling height barely enough to jump and not hit the head. in the name of all scouts and explosive jumpers, i ask you to raise the ceilings if possible.
Based this update mainly around the feedback recieved from the recent gameday.
* Modified Capture Point A to be more open
* Completely changed paths to Capture Point B to be more open
* Increased RED respawn-wave time
* Decreased BLU respawn-wave time
* Raised skybox
* Raised ceilings
* Added more pickups, particularly health kits
* Completely changed textures textures
* Completely remade area between the control points, including the second capture point and red spawn
* Added health/ammo packs
* A few more doors
* Added more signs
* Other things I can't remember
* Raised ceilings and skybox slightly
* Added spectator cameras (finally)
* Expanded storage room above second control point
* Added windows to storage room
* Moved a few crates and shit around in the storage room
* Added a few ammo/health packs
* Added guard rails
* Removed garage door since it was being a bitch
* Optimisation modifications
Most of the changes here aren't very apparent, which is why this is a6a rather than a7.
Also, comments please
You could try to do something terrible to the map to gather comments. Make it deathmatch, for example - that could result in a page or even 5; overdetail it, that seems to be helpful; add a tank boss maybe
Just change the op to THIS MAP IS THE BEST, HATERS GOTTA HATE, YOU ARE ALL BAD ANYWAY.
Separate names with a comma.