Elevator issue

Vigilante212

L420: High Member
Dec 21, 2008
Im setting up an elevator(I already looked using the search function) everything works ok it goes up it goes down. Problem I have it if someone rides the elevator down as soon as it hits the closed position it goes up again. which is confusing me because I have the trigger set to 20 second delay before it reactivates and it takes maybe 10 seconds total for the up/down trip in the elevator.

I also have the output on the trigger onstarttouchall set to 5 sec delay. the actual elevator has a delay of 5 seconds after it opens.

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
It may not necessarily be a problem with disabling the trigger, but a problem with the way you set up the elevator. I believe that, by default, func_tracktrains are set to loop indefinitely on their paths until told otherwise by an Output.

I think you can have the path_track entities send an output to stop the elevator when it passes them. Make the path_track entities "OnPass" send a "Stop" output to the func_tracktrain.

EDIT: Oh, and I forget if "OnPass" means when the func_tracktrain is on that path_track or when it literally passes it. If it's the latter, you may have it stopping a bit too late, such as a milisecond AFTER it reverses direction. If this is the case, you may have to put intermediate path_tracks next to the endpoints to stop it properly.

Last edited:

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008
Remove the delays of all triggers and doors and then add the following outputs to the door:

OnOpen: Disable the triggers
OnClose: Disable the triggers
OnFullyClosed: Enable triggers again
OnFullyOpened: Enable triggers again

Sorry for not beeing very precise on this but I guess you can figure it out. Don't forget to disable the door flag "Touch opens".

Vigilante212

L420: High Member
Dec 21, 2008
well garbageman I got it working, seemed like I overlooked the flag on touch opens so that was one issue. Then i tried doing it the way you suggested, but it wouldnt activate the elevator unless you stepped out of the trigger(prob cause of my delay for ontouchall). So i modified the outputs a bit and now it works perfectly.