Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
presidentofawesome.jpg

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Not to mention that outright outlawing it w/out allowing for exceptions and redundancies in the system would cause a whole mess of problems.

Indeed. Another thing is, making it illegal in one country means people will just travel to another where it is legal. IE Euthinasia (sp?). Even worse, if they can't afford that.. there are so many other dangerous and self destructive means that will be employed to abort a child. Which i think is what you were hinting at?

Personally, i believe it's better to provide the safest means so that people don't hurt or even kill themselves than trying to restrict what can't really be controlled. Better that than having women throw themselves down stairs or have their husbands beat their child out of them..

Just my opinion though..

Forthex

L2: Junior Member
Aug 2, 2008
SNL on the VP debate:

SNL - VP Debate Open: Biden / Palin

Notable quotables:
"I believe marriage is meant to be a sacred institution between two unwilling teenagers."
"I liked being here tonight answering all these tough questions without the filter of the mainstream “gotcha” media with their followup questions, fact checking or incessant need to figure out what your words mean and why you put them in that order."

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
^ that was excellent.

full of truth.

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
[edit] Immortal-D : I completely respect your views regarding abortion. The problem with most people is that they don't respect other peoples views or ideas.

That pretty much sums up the entrie problem with our political process these days.

The Govt has stopped passing laws to protect and serve it's citizens and has started to try and tell us what they think we should do based on their personal morals.
I point to the hard line right wingers as they have established the personal vindictive association of government and religion. I believe their new creed is:
"Kill em all and let God sort them out"

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
The Govt has stopped passing laws to protect and serve it's citizens and has started to try and tell us what they think we should do based on their personal morals.

This happens with both sides. For example, take the social programs supported by the left, and in this example I'm going to target food stamps/welfare.

I do believe its a horrible thing that disadvantaged families have to go through, particularly not having enough to eat (This is the moral, ie opinion, view of some). However, I would much rather donate my money or service to my local foodbank or homeless shelter than have the government tax for those services and then redistribute whatever they see fit.

One could argue that given the large scope of national government, they alone have the ability to see issues and transfer resources to where it is need. I doubt Beverly Hills has an issue with poverty, but South Detroit on the other hand... Yet when has government actually operated smoothly and effectively? I believe I am intelligent enough to make the best decisions about what I should do and how I should invest my labor, or invest the property my labor produces.