Egpyt theme

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by Porkenstein, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Porkenstein

Porkenstein L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm currently working on an asymmetrical cp map which starts outside of a pyramid and ends in the pyramid's treasure room/sarcophagus chamber.

Unfortunately, there aren't many Egyptian models or textures to choose from in valve's content, so I am starving for some good Egypt-themed models and textures.

I'm not necessarily asking for anyone to make some (although that would be wonderful), I would just like to know if there are any out there.

Specifics:
    Idols
    Vases + Urns
    Treasure
    Glyph + Gold textures
    and, most importantly, I need a sarcophagus. If had to choose between all of these other things or the sarcophagus, I would choose the sarcophagus.
    An Anubis one would be cool, simple, and considerably cartoony.
    http://www.museumize.com/v/vspfiles/photos/E-313GP-2T.jpg

Speaking of which, the name "TutankhaMann" has been buzzing around my head for a bit, but I'm not sure how to implement it in a map full of hieroglyphs. Any suggestions?

2. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
  4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  5. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    I thought I did! Second link.

Also, this reminds me I haven't released the props from antiquity yet. Only a few would be useful for Egypt tho.

Kep

6. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  7. Porkenstein

Porkenstein L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    That would be absolutely amazing and would help my map immensely! Antiquity is a beautiful map, and I swear I would give credit where due.

I think I'll also show some screenshots of my map soon.

8. Nerdbot

Nerdbot L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I support this, we need Egypt stuff! I'd even go so far as to say that I think making the next TF2maps theme pack around expanding and fleshing out the Egypt theme would be an amazing idea.

For my last map I asked for someone to remodel the Harvest ghost to have a pharaoh's headdress, I still think that'd be excellent. Some other ideas that could work would be an opened sarcophagus with computer machinery/spytech gadgets fixed inside instead of a mummified corpse, a cardboard egyptian cat...I think with just a few new resources the Egypt theme could be reworked to mix well with Spytech, given Egypt being a popular locale in spy films.

• Thanks Thanks x 1