[Effect] - Stylized medic beam

Bolty

L1: Registered
Jan 9, 2010
Well....by watching other threads I realized this was more of a show-off forum rather than a map-related content forum, so I'll post this here:

A new stylized medic beam, made for those who have big stable FPS and want something more than the default medic beam. So...here it is!

31/01/2010 - Released!

07/02/2010 - Changed the host, because I quitted FPSB recently
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewV3Bsa4L0I"]YouTube- Kritzkrieg, dispenser and crit boost effects[/ame]

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2009
Wow, this looks really nice, sadly i don't play medic so i probably won't us this.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
lol i could see it being kinda misleading cause it could like the person is on fire XD

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
Why do people have a dot over their had?

Totally like it, how much performance does it cost compared to the original one?

Bolty

Jan 9, 2010
Why do people have a dot over their had?

Totally like it, how much performance does it cost compared to the original one?

The dot is actually the marker. I recently added it, and I'm trying new ways of "marking" the player you're healing without being plain at all.

Also, for me, it decreased from 45 to 40 fps, but it can depend on your rig and such. I'm trying to test it on other computers

Malcolm

L3: Member
Jul 10, 2008
Now the Medic really looks like some kind of prototype "Ghostbuster". Yeah, his proton pack is fully charged, but remember not to cross the beams at all...

But looks nice. Really. I can't wait for its release.

Bolty

Jan 9, 2010
One more! :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFcAa4CN7u0"]YouTube- Stylized Beam[/ame]

Steff0o

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2009
i would like to have that, i have 300 fps normally so my pc can handle it :p

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THIS

seriously, how long until I can see this sweet beauty on my screen?

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
That thing is gorgeous! It may of been the music but it seemed kind of sluggish, which depending on your medic play style, may not be too inspiring, beautiful as it is :p

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
I usually don't like replacement stuff like this, but MAN! I love the way that looks! Be sure to post a download link on here once you get it up :)

Bolty

Jan 9, 2010
I usually don't like replacement stuff like this, but MAN! I love the way that looks! Be sure to post a download link on here once you get it up :)

Be sure I will.

Also, I'm working on a different Kritzkrieg effect that will come along with this. I think the kk effect should have been like the one I'm talking about :cool1:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I like how it flashes when the healing beam engages

Bolty

Jan 9, 2010
I like how it flashes when the healing beam engages

Actually, it creates a big circle when you start healing someone. When the übercharge is ready, normal-sized circles start emitting at a fixed rate ( 0.5/s -> 1 every 2 seconds). This effect stacks with the heal-engaging one

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
Actually, it creates a big circle when you start healing someone. When the übercharge is ready, normal-sized circles start emitting at a fixed rate ( 0.5/s -> 1 every 2 seconds). This effect stacks with the heal-engaging one

goddamnit I saw you responded to your thread and I was all excited that it was released