editing respawn times

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

theatreTECHIE

Yet another Techie for the net...
aa
Jun 19, 2015
The way to change respawn wave times is to send an input to the tf_gamerules entity. The input needs to be either SetRedTeamRespawnWaveTime <float> or SetBlueTeamRespawnWaveTime <float>. This number will then be the time between each wave.
When a player dies, they must wait the time of the deathcam, then wait out until the end of the next full wave. For example, if the respawn wave time is 10 seconds, a player who just died will wait out the deathcam time which is a few seconds, then wait between 10 and 20 seconds depending on how far through the current wave is.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Are you looking for the entity that sends the output? If so, that's the point of I/O - it depends on when you want to be chaging the times. logic_auto can track some world states, like map load, though any of them besides map load itself are HL2-related and even there extremely specific. You probably do not have a point in your TF2 map where antlions become player allies.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
I'm not entirely sure what's your problem with that. Are you struggling to set up inputs themselves? theatreTechie explained that well enough. I see that you want to know how to "send an output". In an entity that can send them (most of them), go to the Outputs tab, and add one. The entity and the output event depends on when you want the output to happen. More of how it works on the article. logic_auto sends its outputs on map load, as stated on the article I linked.