Edge

Stargater59

L1: Registered
Feb 15, 2008
(note that the above screenshots are a little older)

Hello everyone,

After much thought I decided to go ahead and post this here to hopefully get some more feedback. Edge is a map I began some time last year and have worked on on and off since then. The map has gone through many, many redesigns (a good mapper I am not, but I'm learning!) but I think I've finally gotten it to a point of being actually half-way decent. I have done several play-tests and am planning on doing a few more, but I would love to get some more feedback from the more experienced mappers here.

As far as any major improvements I'm currently planning:

• If you sit at the end of point B you can see straight down the hallway that Red team comes from (from C). I've already changed that room to block the view.
  • I do plan to close in point B a little as it seems rather big and open.
  • In the room coming out of blue's spawn at B you have to cross that first door before being able to get to the second. I can see how this many cause some camping issues, so I'm planning on moving the spawn's exit door from the side to the back of that room then fill the room in with walls so its not a big empty, open room.
  • In the building that connects A to C there's only one exit/entrance on A's side. I'm planning on splitting that into two, making two different pathways through te building. The doors on A's side I will try to put as much distance as possible between them so Red can get through easier (currently its very easy for blue to camp when they're on the point).

So far that's the current issues I see (besides other small, minor things). So any other feedback that will help me improve the map would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I'm quite genuinely confused as to how you managed to release a8d a day before releasing a8 :S

I looked through it, the caps both seems quite small and spammable but hard for red to reach if blu are attacking

Stargater59

L1: Registered
Feb 15, 2008
I'm quite genuinely confused as to how you managed to release a8d a day before releasing a8 :S

Well, it's supposed to be February 4th, not 8... I thought I had fixed that.

I looked through it, the caps both seems quite small and spammable but hard for red to reach if blu are attacking

Not sure what you mean by small and spammable, but I do know that the map favors blue a little (though that has been improved greatly compared to earlier versions), considering red's spawn distance to A and B and blue's. But when looking at a map such as Gravel Pit, its kind of the same.

I haven't been able to play test it on a full server yet, I'm hoping to do that next. Then we'll really see how well it plays out.