Eclectic Bricks Pack

Eclectic Bricks Pack 1.3

Gothic Organist

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2018
Eclectic Bricks Pack - Various hand-made brick textures for cleaner well maintained looking buildings

12 different brick textures for buildings with a more well maintained look than standard TF2 brick textures. The come in 4 base colours (rusty red, light orange, brown and cream white) and each has multiple variations of stripes. Every texture includes fitting normal map (what gives an illusion of depth) and is seamless on both x and y axis. These are originally made for my payload map pl_eclectic.The textures have been remade multiple times to better suit TF2's unique artstyle.
Textures can be used freely in maps, but credit would be appriciated as I made these myself.

View attachment 151362
View attachment 151363
View attachment 151364

Heili

L3: Member
Jul 21, 2016
Trying these out, I noticed an unusual checkerboard pattern in Hammer which persists in-game.
ec_wall.jpg
I compiled a test map with all Eclectic bricks and got this:
ec_bricks.jpg
I checked out the VMT and from my understanding the normal map texture "eclectic/brick_normal_cross" is missing from the download, which results in this checkerboard.
I love these textures there's lots of variety and mesh very well with TF2's artstyle, you did fantastic work. Unless there was something wrong on my end, it'd be really great to see you fix this so more people can see these great textures (and pl_eclectic).

Gothic Organist

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2018
Fixed normal map for plain brick textures* (Thanks Heili for the heads up)

Added 3 textures that were supposed to be included:
brickwall01_striped
brickwall02_striped
brickwall03_striped

*brickwall01_cross
brickwall02_cross
brickwall03_cross
brickwall04_cross
brickwall01_cross_stripe01
brickwall02_cross_stripe01
brickwall03_cross_stripe01

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Where are those window props from?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I don't know if you're still working on this, but something else that would be useful is a general-purpose blendmodulate we could use to make custom blend materials between this and, for example, plaster. Similar to how Watergate's blends work. Also I'd like to see a yellow variant (about the color of brick_pavement01) just because we don't have any yellow bricks in the game.