1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

"Dynamic" info_observer_point

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by MisterYura, Jan 8, 2010.

1. MisterYura

MisterYura L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a CP map that has a train running through the middle of it. I am trying to have an info_observer_point or camera of some kind parented to the front of the train so that you can watch it mow down other players when you are respawning, but info_observer_point does not have a "parent" field. I tried looking into treating the train as though it was a payload so that it would have a camera following it, but did not have much success.
    Any ways to make this work or things I should try, or is this a dead-end? Thanks!

2. megawac

megawac L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Make a bunch of them and enable them and disable them as the train passes your path tracks.

3. martijntje

martijntje L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    turn of smart edit
    then manually ad a key value name parent and set its value to the entity you want to parent it to.

the camera will be quite shocky when turning around corners

I used this in photofinish

4. MisterYura

MisterYura L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Works like a charm - I didn't know you could do that, thanks!

5. martijntje

martijntje L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    yeah, you can do that with nearly any object (yes, you can have moving spawns)