Dustygulch

CP Dustygulch a12

lossyinput

L1: Registered
Sep 23, 2020
cp_dustygulch - Classic dustbowl/spytech-themed single-stage A/D

Standard 3CP single-stage A/D map with theming based on the classic TF2 abandoned coalmines/spytech style. B is probably really chokey right now, but that's what testing is for.

Note (as of A1): The spawn rooms and some logic still needs to be done, so the map isn't currently in a playable state. Feel free to check out the layout though.

lossyinput

Sep 23, 2020
Got a lot of great feedback from the first playtest, so let's hope this is a lot more playable and next time I can get some feedback on point C.
  • General
    • Various overlay fixes
    • Decreased capture time for all points
    • Changed respawn times from default because I'm dumb and didn't before
  • Point A
    • More rocks, less sniper sightlines
    • Moved health and ammo around in the cave to give attackers a slight advantage
    • Added a spawn exit for BLU directly into the cave to prevent spawn camping
  • Point B
    • Added a one-way door to prevent RED from accessing BLU's high ground (the route is still open before A is capped)
    • Added a new flank on BLU's right side (hopefully the point isn't a chokey shitfest anymore)

Read the rest of this update entry...

lossyinput

Sep 23, 2020
A handful of small changes before the next round of testing.
  • Added some missing clip brushes
  • Added some lights in dark areas
  • Tweaked cap times a little bit
  • Probably some other things I'm forgetting

lossyinput

Sep 23, 2020
dgthumb4.png
  • Map more prettier
  • Misc clipping stuff

Oct 15, 2018
That logo is so cool. Is there any program in particular that mappers use to make these types of map logos?

Loving the map so far

lossyinput

Sep 23, 2020
That logo is so cool. Is there any program in particular that mappers use to make these types of map logos?

Loving the map so far

There's a lot of programs that you can use for making logos; I used Illustrator since I wanted to use vector graphics. Adobe stuff is really overpriced, though, so I wouldn't recommend that if you don't already have it. I just use it because it's required for my major. There's probably some good free alternatives for working with vector graphics, though.

lossyinput

Sep 23, 2020
Little progress pic of the wip changes, which have really turned into more of an overhaul. Still need to finish up A and figure out what to do with the space between A and B, so I've got a lot of work to do before it's playable. I'm interested to see how the new layout plays, though.

Attachments

• 20210110030208_1.jpg
    20210110030208_1.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 79

lossyinput

Sep 23, 2020
Another progress pic. Still need to finish up BLU spawn, the back side of A, and figure out what to do with the space between A and B. Hoping I can get this playable before spring semester starts, since I'm not sure how much time I'll have for mapmaking then.

Attachments

• 20210116145254_1.jpg
    20210116145254_1.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 117

lossyinput

Sep 23, 2020
Been posting progress pics in the TF2M discord, but I figure I should post some here too since it's been a while. A12 is almost ready and playable; I just need to finish up BLU spawn. Looking forward to getting this playtested.

20210323091224_1.jpg

20210324171224_1.jpg

(yeah, I went a bit overboard with detail work for an alpha version)