Dusttown

PL Dusttown a5

theatreTECHIE

Yet another Techie for the net...
aa
Jun 19, 2015
Single Stage 5 Point Payload, inspired by Upward and Badwater, intended potentially for HL but mainly for pubs.

Note: General idea for future will be that Red has a train line under the base which it uses to transport the materials from the mine surrounding the base to a refinery located off site. Blu wants to blow this line up so that Red cannot transport any more materials. This means that the final explosion will change at some point to resemble this.

Last edited:

JMaxchill

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 21, 2015
That looks like it has a lot of potential (especially the 2nd screenshot). Keep it going! :D That's a lot of detail for an alpha, though. Mostly, people just use dev textures until they reach beta - it saves time since in alpha you'll be changing a lot of the layout etc.

Bunbun

aa
May 18, 2014
The blu spawn area seems a bit small and cramped, which is usually open in most maps.

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
I've played on this a few times, enjoyable for the most part. I thought it was a pretty good first alpha. (I've only played the first two points defending as red for A2 mind you).

My first concern is the height variation around the carts start location. It's quite tall, feels odd when defending as red.

My last concern is how hard and small the turn is to the last capture point. It's really easy to spam it out, though I've seen the map won by blue so I don't believe it's impossible.

theatreTECHIE

aa
Jun 19, 2015
a3 released!

-MASSIVE overhaul of capture points A and B, as well as blu's spawn
-Changed some buildings on last
-Widened out the cart path going into last
-Increased size of last and the pit
-Added crate jump to last to replace stairs that were removed
-Removed confusing signage in red's spawn

theatreTECHIE

aa
Jun 19, 2015
Glad to see you're still working on this. I think you've made some wonderful progress.

I'm gradually working through to a point where I can begin detailing, but I'm not happy with how the area in front of the warehouse (the courtyard) works. I'll lengthen the track now that there's another point there and make a room above there for holding in before going ahead with another release and test.