dustribute

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
cp_dustribute
by David "GrimGriz" Wells

Description
Dust Tribute is a 3 CP map where BLU must bomb the CP's by using "smart bombs" (that look remarkably like intel from CTF maps). The bombs are located in the pickup trucks outside BLU spawn (but within their spawn area).

In order to bomb the CPs, BLU must capture the control points and can only do so when their bomb carrier is on the point. Bombs do not return to the pickup trucks, so the BLU team is encouraged to protect their bomb carrier.

Revision History
Alpha 11
- Trucks rearranged
- Signs added
- Changed Blue to B cave layout
- Removed side cave to A and A to C cliff
- Added health and ammo in middle and red sniper nest
- Reduced missle explosion
- Added posters + instruction posters
- Increased bomb tracker accuracy
- Increased setup time for red to 80 seconds
- Set bomb to return after 2 minutes
- Added bomb pickup and drop messages

Alpha 10
- Major rework of central building
- Additional B to C path
- Changes in the vertical play area of C

Alpha 9
- Major layout/scale revision
- Bomb-tracking HUD
- Working resupply lockers

Contact/Feedback

Known Issues
- Bomb Tracker is not as accurate as I like.
- You can't fall off the cliff yet.
- You can take a bomb into blu spawn.
- It's very ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Monkey

Super Monkey
Jun 7, 2008
It's a very good and new map, I've played it alot with my clan....I like your map very much, I personally hope for great textures and not so many darkness :D

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
Whats so bad about stock icons? Love the name btw, Distribute and a Dustbowl Tribute? :)

GrimGriz

Jan 2, 2009
Why are you using the stock locked icons?

Because I always find myself hauling ass to squeeze in as many of the things I want to as I can before the gameday deadline. The map will probably change a couple more times before I get a fresh overview for the icons...I'll probably do custom blu-owned locked at that point.

Artesia

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 11, 2008
Whats so bad about stock icons? Love the name btw, Distribute and a Dustbowl Tribute? :)

its not a tribute to dustbowl its tribute to dust which is a counterstrike map

GrimGriz

Jan 2, 2009
So...after watching the sourceTV replay of a11...wow. Way to be constructive fellas. The first round made me think the map was impossible for blue. The second round just proved it's all about the teams.

Now, I know a lot of you don't like the map. Well, I have some bad news. I'm going to finish it, even if it's just a prettied up version of what you just played. So...if you could give some advice to make it more playable rather than just spouting memes...that'd be great.

To the nice people: I'm thinking of ditching the cave to B from blue spawn. That will give just the standard dust entrances, which I originally worried were too bottlenecky...but based on spectating the demos, blue has a pretty hard time of sticking together with so many routes to choose from... and I'm thinking narrowing that down to 2 might help blue function better.

I'm also thinking of cutting blu's initial spawn time down and reducing the cap rewards slightly...so that they start spawning faster, but end up spawning at the same rate as now.

I have no clue what to do with point C...so any ideas would be appreciated.