1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

dude, where's my car?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by 94Sniper, Aug 24, 2008.

1. 94Sniper

94Sniper L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    alright, i've searched through all of the models and i can't find where that stupid truck is. not the dumptruck, the farmer's truck that has been scattered through out maps. i searched truck, car, vehicles, everything! and i STILL can't find it.

any help?

2. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Download decompiled valve maps and search in them.

3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    FaTony, if you're going to suggest something you might want to also help them with how to do that rather than just recommending a course of action. Such as linking them to the decompiled version of a map containing this model. Otherwise it is little help to them and little worth the post.

The model can be found: models/props_vehicles/pickup03.mdl

edit: change skin number to "1" for the blue truck, but it seems to have a reflective material issue (you probably wouldn't want to use it either as Blu is more industrial and modern than backwater and old (red).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  4. joshman

joshman L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    The dumptruck is in Props_Hydro BTW

5. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    I actually haven't understand what he was saying, so I replied the general way.

6. Laz

Laz L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    just filter on vehicle and sort by mod. you'll find it.