CP Dryrot

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Hi again.

Introducing my latest monstrosity, CP_dryrot. Dryrot is a swamp themed 2CP A/D map. Its a tad smaller distance wise compared to Mountain Lab/Manor, but should be a lot of fun. My goal with this map was to work with height variation, something that I figured I needed to work on. Most of the lower roofs are walkable and accessible one way or another by all the classes.

I don't really have a story yet, just pretend that Blu and Red are haveing a scrimmage.

Article on what Dryrot is.

Last edited:

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
cp_dryrot_a10000.jpg

Move this health out of the corner, also hiding place in the corner opposite; can build sentry there
cp_dryrot_a10001.jpg

Long-ass sightline, easily exploitable by Wranglers
cp_dryrot_a10002.jpg

func_respawnroom this area, too; being able to set up sentries here is way too silly.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
/me destroys map

En Ex

L1: Still Registered
aa
Jun 30, 2010
Ran this on 2fort2furious today. Thoughts:

The map feels a little small, especially at the last point, which is a total sentry fest.

Also, the chokes at the last point were very tight.

Finally, RED spawns way too close to the last point, which leads back to the sentry fest problem.

I like the map, though, and I'd like to see an A3.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
My advice would be to move CP1 back, closer towards that nodraw roof area, and make god damn sure there's a forward spawn somewhere

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
I'm thinking about redoing that area slightly, and put that point probably inside a pavilion or something.

I don't know. I don't plan to put a ton of effort into thismap, mainly because I have cp_frozen, but I saw a little intrest in the map in some people, so I thought I'd give it 1 more alpha.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
That looks like a very awkward position for the first CP. IMO it'd seem to be of more importance if it were positioned on the dev ground, under the grain chute or whatever that diagonal thing is.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Overhead looks a lot better, water looks interesting, in general looks good.

I agree with Seba that CP1 is in an odd spot, but I'd say redo the little area rather than move it under the grain chute or whatever because that's a neat place and I think what makes it odd is the detailing around it more than anything else

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
I'll redetail it, because I kinda like it there.

and yea, like I said earlier, I don't think I'm going to put a ton of effort into this map, just get it to a certain where its "good" then slowly detail it, if that. I don't know if I want to juggle 2 maps, but my definite focus is cp_frozen.