Drought

Cold

L1: Registered
May 23, 2009
This is the first release of my ctf which uses the Egypt tileset. The map has taken a considerably longer time than I first imagined, because I decided to remake the design several times during its creation.

Drought tries to focus on fast paced gameplay by making it difficult to indefinitely turtle the intelligence room. The intelligence room is open, making sentry nests hard to keep up forever, and once picked up, the intelligence can be carried right off the roof to the sand below, allowing for a quick getaway. The defenders also spawn on the ground floor, removing the need for attackers to fight past the spawns to get to the intel and then back past again when coming out with the intel.

Omnomnick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 16, 2009
Sounds like a great map, you may have solved some problems with CTF gameplay. Post some screenshots so we can all take a look.

Cold

May 23, 2009

Peterm

Banned
Jun 1, 2009
it looks amazing good lighting ok detail but in screenshot 1 can i see floating torches???

My map [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=8920"]koth_blackport v8[/ame] (soon) check it out

BlueDarkness

Jun 11, 2009
If anything try to add buildings that both at cover and vertical attacking positions inbetween the two bases. Possibly so the intel carrier can jump on top of one during his getaway

And yes, you need to fix the floating torches.

Cold

May 23, 2009
If anything try to add buildings that both at cover and vertical attacking positions inbetween the two bases. Possibly so the intel carrier can jump on top of one during his getaway

And yes, you need to fix the floating torches.

Yeah I will probably be adding more cover in the middle to achieve the things above, to stop demoman from flying straight across the map, and to prevent snipers sniping intel to intel room.

The picture with the floating torches was one of the first pictures after I had finished the base layout for the red base. I didn't have any updated pictures of the base for the up-to-date version, and this one shows it better anyway because there are no props or anything obscuring it.

tl;dr the torches aren't actually there in game.

BagOfChips

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 7, 2009
The floating torches kind of ruined it for me.

It's a lot more fast paced than turfailne and 2fail.

Naso

L2: Junior Member
Jun 11, 2009
  • You need to make an easier way to get from spawn to your own Intel room, takes a while to get around and by the time your there, a scout is already at your Intel
  • Maybe make the spawn room just in the center part and leave the two spawn rooms as hall ways/secondary paths. and you could use that stuff you made on the sides of the pyramids.
  • Maybe thicken up the fog with a z clip thing for fps
  • Snipers and see straight across and most of the land.
  • Try to add more blocks and visual blocks to make it so players have to run around things and block los for snipers and to help fps.
  • I don't know how but is there anything you could do to fix demoman because they can fly from intel to intel.
  • Add overlays to help tell the player were to go,
  • Fix the texture of the wall displacements.
  • Add cubemaps.
  • On the rock props, disable shadows.
  • Add nodraw walls behind your displacements If they are not there.
  • You can see some displacement leeks on back side of blue.
  • More lights inside.
    Playing It right now and something came to me.
  • Make the Intel underneath the pyramids , like the burial chamber that has mini mazes and corners and maybe two diffrent exits and entrances

Only tested it with 6 so far, But It was good! make the game play a lot funner.

Nice map cold. :O

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
You know he was kidding right? o_o
kidding or not, stuff like this doesn't reflect well on the community on what many of us, and you guys have worked hard for to achieve. a respectful community where anyone can share their work or opinion without being made fun of.