Dreadbolt in the Deep

Dreadbolt in the Deep V1.15

BlazingDiancie

L1: Registered
Jan 7, 2015
Dreadbolt in the Deep - Ready to face the Apocalypse Army?

Ok, so I took my time uploading this, but here it is! The first survival mission for Woozlez's amazing MvM community map, Underground! I warn you though, I didn't write this missions for fun. This is WAY harder than Wave 666, just for a comparison. It features four very powerful bosses as well as a mini-boss which is a shoutout to UEAKCrash, because it's him! And an army of train heavies!

BlazingDiancie

Jan 7, 2015
Haha awesome, any screenshots of my boss? (that was a weird sentence to type out)
Oh jesus, I haven't been keeping up to date. Crash, I promise I will get a screenshot of your boss. Unfortunately, the unusual effect didn't work. Some hats are buggy with unusuals on robots.

BlazingDiancie

Jan 7, 2015
Oh and Crash, I borrowed some sound files from Trainsawlaser. They play when you and your train heavies spawn. I hope you don't mind, I forgot to credit you in the description.

BlazingDiancie

Jan 7, 2015
Fixed a few things:
  • Gave the Mega Deflector Heavies near the end Australium Miniguns
  • Updated the templates used in the mission to use the most recently released version of MvM Underground
  • Changed the valve-made Heavy Mittens to Heavy Mittens in robot_underground.pop

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nuke

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 5, 2016
>you can attach effect as CharacterAttribute. It's a little messy, so try it out, maybe it will fit. (as post-jam update)

FortyTwo

L2: Junior Member
Mar 5, 2016
Add the "attach particle effect" with a ID on a hat using ItemAttributes to make it work.
Use this link to find the right ID number - http://optf2.com/440/particles

An example on how to do it in code:
Code:
ItemAttributes
{
    ItemName    "stahlhelm"
    "attach particle effect"    4
}

Nuke

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 5, 2016
Constantly updated item scheme from TF2 if anything gets added http://git.optf2.com/schema-tracking/plain/Team Fortress 2 Schema?h=teamfortress2
Just unsure if one given by you actually updates as commonly.
Also, i tried attaching it with ItemAttributes didnt worked for me, character ones (w/o an itemname string obviosly) worked perfectly, even tho effect was attached quite badly, maybe if you could set offest for it somehow...