Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
Now on alpha 5!

Main Overview
cp_doxcity_a5.jpg

Now Blu side is... Blue
cp_doxcity_a50001.jpg

Still way too plain, but I have been adding detail.
cp_doxcity_a50002.jpg

Center Point
cp_doxcity_a50003.jpg

Final Point Red Side
cp_doxcity_a50004.jpg

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Nice, might be a good idea to use some concrete trims to break up the monotony of the brick texture walls. Arn't there blue bricks?

EDIT: Those long corridors you have to the 1st cp's, you could add a room to the side of them or somewhere to allow for a defence that intercepts attackers, and would also keep snipers from sitting at the far end of the corridor.

Last edited:

Juice

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 17, 2008
Yeah, it'd be great to use some various textures. I have some textures I got from CG textures converted if your using skyscrapers or something like that.

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Does look pretty cool.

I agree with the points on the textures. The lights help a little but you should deffinately through in some other tex.

It's not just a red/blu. If you're running around in there trying not get shot/backstab everything is gonna look the same. The lights help you know what side of the map you're on but don't lend much to visual clues.

For instance. While playing I tell me teammate "heavy in white house". In this level all I could say is 'heavy in red brick area". 'Spy over by those red bricks with the blue light on em"...

I also agree the hallway down below needs broken up. You could have a couple rooms in the middlw that players could go in and come out the other side. Right now it looks like sniper/demo heaven and spy hell. Major choke point.

But like I said the terrain looks pretty cool.

Cpt Raem

L1: Registered
Feb 20, 2008
Haha, Dox City, the name I suggested. I recommend you make it Dux City now. ;)

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
so...you wanted feedback, so...here it is

1st...make the doors move faster, people don't like to wait
2nd, you need signs...the 3 cap and the last one took me forever to find (and i only found the last one due to sneaking into a one-way door when some scout opened it

other then that i like the layout, i mean, its a 5 point linear map that i don't hate so your doing something right. And maybe its just me...but that brick texture everywhere just seemed to work

Dox

Oct 26, 2007
Ok, Current list of Fixes I need to make for V A4.

1. Lower case map name. COMPLETE 16/07/08
2. Arrows, custom textured. COMPLETE
3. Doors faster, larger triggers. COMPLETE 16/07/08
4. Interupt some of the larger hallways with rooms.
5. larger opening to cave tunnel, easier way to get out as well as in.. COMPLETE
6. Expand final cap points. COMPLETE 05/08/08
6a. Expand rooms around central cap. IN PROGRESS
7. "Walking too far" = Redesign/reloacation of spawn points COMPLETE
8. Replacing Elevators with staircases COMPLETE

Ok, A4 came and went, tested on my clan's server

some things I tested there:
1. Stairs needed better playerclipping COMPLETE
2. Ladders replaced with stairs
3. Textures still confusing. COMPLETE
4. too plain.
5. Displacement got messsed up and poked through the ground into the sewer. FIXED
6. Arrow models need to be larger, text more visible.

Last edited:

daemon

L1: Registered
Dec 11, 2007
Hi, the elevator to leave the base is also slow, maybe a ladder like the ones all over the map to speed it up, I found myself often waiting in a line to get on top of the elevator, and the server was just half full hehe.

Dox

Oct 26, 2007
Did a whole bunch of work on it so I thought I might give this thread a bump, New screenshots in the opening post, Ill probably have an A5 for the 15th's Gameday, A4 was buggy.

Dox

Oct 26, 2007
It was CP_venice (this was around the time before the SDK covered orange box... been working on this one for awhile.), but I realized as it was coming together it looked nothing like venice so I picked a new name. Its only temporary though.

Edit 081130: Limited release of a5. needs tonemapcontroller for HDR. Official release upcoming.

Last edited: