Double-Hinged func_door_rotating

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
I wonder if there's an output for changing a door's direction/turn angle. I doubt it, but if there was you could use it.

Jul 26, 2015
According to the developer wiki, there's no input for changing angle. There is however, an option to change it's parent. Maybe I could make two different sets of doors, and switch the one that the solid prop is parented to depending on which side it is entered from?

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Changing the parent of the door to a different f_d_r is the best solution. Well done.

Alternatively, you can use momentary_rot_button. You can tell it to travel to any position between 0 and 1 so it's like a f_d_r with a stepping motor. Give it an angle of 180 degrees and set it to rest at 0.5 when the round starts. Send it to 0 for one direction, and 1 for the other.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Yeah it's possible to create 2 doors, 1 in one direction, other in other, both invisible and shit, and func_brush which is the door itself and after closing can be reparented to another door.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Instead of switching parents, you can make a chain of parents. Parent the prop to one func_door_rotating, and then parent that FDR to another that swings in the opposite direction. However, Matty's momentary_rot_button idea is probably the simplest solution.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
A chain of parents would indeed be simpler than switching parents on-the-fly, and would be safer, as if the parents were made to operate simultaneously, you would end up with a door pointing in entirely the wrong direction. Could be good for some laughs, though!