Doot Doot Desert

CP Doot Doot Desert A1 fix

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
Doot Doot Desert - When Skeleton gets a Skeletan

Welcome to Doot Doot Desert, a 5cp map set in Egypt.

Why Doot Doot Desert? Well, deserts are dry, as are skeletons, and they live in deserts anyways. And I needed a fitting name.

I really hate most 5CP maps because I feel like the gameplay is too dull. Not enough height, the standard badlands-esque ending area. So I decided to make my own. The best would to describe it would be Granary meets cp_egypt's height variation. There's a massive central spire on 2nd, the mid point is raised up with accessable rooftops all around, and 3rd is... I don't know, some sorta ruins. Beats me.

I've got a good feeling about this map, which probably means its terrible. But i'll go for it.

Known issues:
  • I need some sorta Egyptian statues or statue substitute, gargoyles don't exactly fit
  • The skybox is diddled up when youre on a high up perch
  • ??
Also, I've designed it so a scout can play 'Floor is Lava', allowing them not to touch the ground all the way from mid to 2nd. Try to figure it out, hehe

Last edited:

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Well, if it's hot and dry, the corpse would most likely have not decomposed fully, therefore they are not a skeleton.

ExtraCheesyPie

Jan 29, 2015
Well, if it's hot and dry, the corpse would most likely have not decomposed fully, therefore they are not a skeleton.
blame Bone-Dry Dunes from Mario Kart for that, it's sorta where I got the idea from. I was actually going to name it cp_dootdootdunes originally

ExtraCheesyPie

Jan 29, 2015
I sorta fucked up, and I didn't move over a crate that should've been on both teams.

Also added a rope to the other side, and changed the skybox texture while I was at it

Read the rest of this update entry...

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
The name makes it sound like a Mario Kart course with memes.

ExtraCheesyPie

Jan 29, 2015
The name makes it sound like a Mario Kart course with memes.
bFKfKtc.jpg

I made this, this is the new promo image for my map. As you can see im really good at Photoshop

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
bFKfKtc.jpg

I made this, this is the new promo image for my map. As you can see im really good at Photoshop

FRONT PAGE of the Workshop. 7/5 work. Doot, doot doot doot doot doot, doot. Doot.