Doors Opening @ Set time

x14u2cx

L1: Registered
Mar 23, 2009
I'm making a KOTH map and i need to open two doors at 30 seconds, i looked at rena lumberyard and the doors open useing tf_logic_arena, i cannot use this and another thing i was thinking was useing a team_round_timer but i'm unsure on how to set this up properly.

Can i use that or is there a better way i am unaware of...

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
There should be a timer entity needed for KOTH with will activate the control point after so long. You can use the same method to open doors, just change the timing. I think it is a team_round_timer and in the outputs just have:
Onstart
*doorname*
Open
With a delay of 30

Should work fine, hope it helps.

WDIT: The 30seconds of waiting for players may also add to this if the mp_waitingforplayers 0 command is entered. Once the waiting for players reaches 0 the map will restart and therefor the doors will open after 30seconds.

x14u2cx

Mar 23, 2009
the timer is actually the tf_logic_koth entity and there is no output that i could use to open the doors in that that i know of.

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
You can just put a logic_auto in your map, with the Output:

OnMultiNewRound | Door | Open | 30

Or you could try to plaxe a team_round_timer, set it to 30 seconds setup time and use the OnSetupEnd output, however im not sure if setup works in koth.

x14u2cx

Mar 23, 2009
thanks, i actually figured that out right after i posted and came back to say i got it, but now i know i did it right, thanks allot you two.