Doors open the wrong way

Kritz Kat

L1: Registered
May 21, 2017
I'm creating a new map and I somehow broke my 2 spawn doors. One opens away from the spawn room, and barely at that. Another one opens sideways, but it isn't that big of a problem, and it wouldn't really affect gameplay except if people are really bothered by that. Any help would be appreciated.

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
On the doors properties, look for "Move Direction", then you can set it to be Up or Down, or any sideways angle you want.

The reason the door moves only a little bit when going away from the spawn is because doors open as much as long they are on that certain axis. So if your door is 192 units high, but 8 units thick, then it will go up 192 units, but only go 8 units if you set it to move in that sideways direction.

A better way to look at it is that if moving upwards, the door will open as much so that the bottom side when open is where the top side is when closed.

That's why you should extend your doors a little into the wall so that when it opens, the bottom side doesn't Z fight with the bottom side of the wall.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
That's why you should extend your doors a little into the wall so that when it opens, the bottom side doesn't Z fight with the bottom side of the wall.
You can also set the Lip value to be a positive or negative value to do this, so -8 units will recede the door into the wall more while 8 will leave it sticking out 8 units.