door opening causing freezing?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Well, you did something wrong. Why don't you double check the door properties and if it looks ok, post screenshots of it so we can see. We have no way to help you with so little information.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
What's the name of the func_door?

Also, that Hammer shot makes it look like your door and trigger are connected or even one brush. That's not true, right?

Mother Russia

L1: Registered
Jul 5, 2011
What's the name of the func_door?

Also, that Hammer shot makes it look like your door and trigger are connected or even one brush. That's not true, right?

func_door is door1 (it was previously going to be double doors, but deleted the other, hoping this would fix the problem)
I don't believe the door and the trigger are the same brush. They are just touching each other, is this a problem?
http://i.imgur.com/FrZtW.png

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Show me the properties and flags of the func_door too, please

Also you probably want your trigger to overlap the door more or you're gonna get caught in it as you leave the trigger. Look at the one way doors on Dustbowl to see how the trigger should look in Hammer.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I don't really see anything wrong with that myself, but you probably should leave "delay before reset" at -1 and close it when someone exits the trigger (which you've already set up). That might be crashing it, actually, I dunno.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Probably isn't the door then.

I know you sent an in hammer shot of just the door, and there wasn't much around it. But is there any area portals at that door?

And, are you certain that this isn't something besides the door? Does it happen after a certain amount of time in the map, and you just happen to go through that door when it happens? (or be around that door?).

Mother Russia

Jul 5, 2011
Probably isn't the door then.

I know you sent an in hammer shot of just the door, and there wasn't much around it. But is there any area portals at that door?

No area portals. Just floor one side (and the other side) of the door.

And, are you certain that this isn't something besides the door? Does it happen after a certain amount of time in the map, and you just happen to go through that door when it happens? (or be around that door?).

The game crashes as soon as I enter the trigger.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Are you carving anything? It might not know when you are in or out of the trigger due to microbrushes, I dunno.

Mother Russia

Jul 5, 2011
Are you carving anything? It might not know when you are in or out of the trigger due to microbrushes, I dunno.

The only thing carved in the door is where the glass is sitting.
I know carving is a horrible thing to do but the tutorial I was following on this forum instructed me to use it.
Using the carve tool can really save time, but it can also create brush errors, so be careful using it.