Door emergency!

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

eyefork

L3: Member
Oct 27, 2008
Anyone know how to make this not visible? It's probably something simple that I've just missed. Thanks.

DOORSHELP.jpg

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
You can't. You need to use the animated door prop that folds into itself rather than parenting a non-animated prop. Though the invisible func_door will still pass through the ceiling and be solid, so it hopefully will be clipped off.

Bob Ross

L3: Member
Jun 16, 2009
make it open a different direction (down, left, or right) would be my suggestion. or place another piece of building in a clever way to cover it while still being aesthetically pleasing.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Er, the best solution in my opinion is to increase the height of the building. It looks rather low in the first place.

chickenm4n

L1: Registered
Nov 27, 2009
yeah. that's a pain in the butt. but the only solution that i've seen on maps that should have this problem is making it go down. but it looks kinda weird.

Zee

L1: Registered
Dec 30, 2009
You could always just add a sign there, such as the Blue shipping or Red towing if you don't want to do the other things mentioned. This will allow you to block it quite fast, but might not work in other situations.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Don't make it go down, it looks stupid.

Have you ever seen a garage door going down? I haven't, and I'd laugh pretty hard if I did.