Door emergency!

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by eyefork, Jan 3, 2010.

1. eyefork

eyefork L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Anyone know how to make this not visible? It's probably something simple that I've just missed. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    You can't. You need to use the animated door prop that folds into itself rather than parenting a non-animated prop. Though the invisible func_door will still pass through the ceiling and be solid, so it hopefully will be clipped off.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Bob Ross

Bob Ross L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    make it open a different direction (down, left, or right) would be my suggestion. or place another piece of building in a clever way to cover it while still being aesthetically pleasing.

4. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Er, the best solution in my opinion is to increase the height of the building. It looks rather low in the first place.

5. chickenm4n

chickenm4n L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    yeah. that's a pain in the butt. but the only solution that i've seen on maps that should have this problem is making it go down. but it looks kinda weird.

6. Zee

Zee L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You could always just add a sign there, such as the Blue shipping or Red towing if you don't want to do the other things mentioned. This will allow you to block it quite fast, but might not work in other situations.

7. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Don't make it go down, it looks stupid.

Have you ever seen a garage door going down? I haven't, and I'd laugh pretty hard if I did.

8. Bob Ross

Bob Ross L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    i never said it looked good :p