Donation questions regarding creating new PayPal account

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by x6herbius, May 2, 2017.

1. x6herbius

aa x6herbius

Positive Ratings:
    So the other day I read an article recommending that if you created your PayPal account before you were 18 (which I did), you should delete it and make a new one before PayPal decide to block all your cards forever and hold onto your money.

Am I OK to just cancel the TF2Maps subscription from within PayPal, then create it again on the site once I've got a new account up and running?

2. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not quite certain how the subscription works (that doesn't sound good to say out loud), but I just went through the same paypal process on a couple of my other subscription accounts. It seems that when you cancel the subscription you cancel the 'promise to pay back next time'. It's still all associated with your account until the next payment period - from then you can subscribe again.

I think though if you subscribe from the new account before the new term hits you will be paying extra, might be better to wait for it to expire and then sub then - if that's how that works.

3. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    If you have problems or concerns with the subscription service, speak to @drp.

4. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    Hi,

You can simply cancel your subscription with paypal, wait until the VIP runs out then resub with your new one.

Let me know if you need additional help.

Thanks

5. x6herbius

aa x6herbius

Positive Ratings:
    Turns out I can't close things just yet because the TF2M payment for this month is pending. Should all be sorted in the next couple of days though.

6. x6herbius

aa x6herbius

Positive Ratings:
    OK, actually PayPal's method of removing bank accounts is just shit, but closing the entire account worked. I'll re-sub when appropriate. Thanks guys!