CP Dom_Pollution

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Prestige, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    The map works like call of duty's domination mode. Capture and hold each point for as long as possible. they each give you 1 point every 5 seconds. Get 200 points and get your fuel levels down to 0 to win at pollution! Based off of hightower's layout but tweaked a lot i'd say.

Thanks to:
    Leminnes for setting up 90% of the entities
    A Boojum Smart for helping set up the func_movelinear + The Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack
    Snacks & others for telling me it probably definitely won't work in pubs

No thanks to:
    weapon_penguin for being stupid

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    -enter generic banter about it not being a stock gametype-...

with that out of the way...

It looks fun, I do like the brush level indicators... does the hud work the same way at all? or does it just show points.

3. Leminnes

aa Leminnes

Positive Ratings:
    Unless he's changed something from how I set it up, it'll just show the CPs. Only the bars show how close the team is from winning.

4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Every great magic trick consists of three parts, or acts. The first part is called The Pledge. The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course... it probably isn't. The second act is called The Turn. The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call The Prestige.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Leminnes

aa Leminnes

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

I swear not every post I make is a meme

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    This thread should be stickied.

7. Prestige

Positive Ratings:
    best movie.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    what do you mean call of duty's domination mode

this is unreal tournament 99's domination mode dammit

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Prestige

Positive Ratings:
  10. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Call of Duty did it first.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. waxpax

waxpax L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think you should try spreading the points out a bit more. With all three points very close to each in the center of the map, it seems like it would play more KOTH than Domination. Since, if you hold one point, you likely hold the other two and you likely don't have to put up that much effort to gain control of all three points at any given time once you've got control of the center of the map. I don't know, maybe it plays differently than that, but that was the first impression I got when I looked at this map earlier.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Prestige

Positive Ratings:
    It does play sort of like that. need a bit more testing but yeah the tower and the bridge thing are too close i'd say. at least the hill is separated from the rest of the tower nicely. /layoutruined

13. thekurnuttaja

thekurnuttaja L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Domination should be an official game mode in TF2, we havent got a new mode for a long time. And its my fav mode in CoD.