Does fluorescent flicker make a light_spot a dynamic light?

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Exactly what Booj said. I'd only use it if you also set up a load of other cleverly placed lights to give the illusion of bounce lighting and then give all the lights with the same flickering the same name. Even then, its uses in TF2 are limited

XFunc_CaRteR

L5: Dapper Member
May 14, 2009
Speaking of Alien Swarm, how(good)'s tilegen?

The big problem when you first come into Alien Swarm is wrapping your head around looking at the world a different way. You see it in-game top-down from a locked camera angle, but you still map it in 3D.

Tilgen is just useful to block out a very basic dungeon-like map in little cube-like entities. But after that it doesn't do much - you have to put far more polish into it.

I used Tilegen once to make a quick test map, then as soon as I saw the basic useful dimensions of the rooms and hallways from it, I just went off and made my next map from scratch.

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
I wondered as much.

And yeah, I knew you had to think about it differently, I did read over the basic guide on the valve wiki.

(I've also played the game in 1st person mode. Aside from aiming issues and not being able to hide your own model from only your view it was pretty good).