1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Does anyone happen to have my old maps archived?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by HQDefault, Feb 18, 2018.

1. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    Hey... I'm sure at least someone here remembers me.

OK- long story short, despite still not getting back into TF2, I wanted to run back through my all my old maps again. Apparently, I don't have any of my maps backed up on either mediafire or dropbox, I forgot to transfer most of them when I switched from my laptop to my current PC, and a lot of the downloads on the site have been wiped out since I left.

So, if anyone happens to have my maps stored in some backwater file in their computer, I'd be delighted to have it back.

Almost all of the maps' names can be found here: https://tf2maps.net/threads/1-year-at-tf2maps.25313/#post-337522

None of them have actual downloads attached to them except for estuary.

If nobody has them, I understand. Thank you for your time.

2. Jasper The Blank

Jasper The Blank L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
  3. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    Unfortunately, the archive site only archived the discussions, not the actual download links (or at least I didn't see any)

Rotab's map database definitely didn't have anything that I made in there. I don't think anything I ever made even got on a server outside of TF2maps.

4. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think I have all your most-recent versions of the maps but I combined a zip of the ones I could find here.

which is:
    arena_creekwood_a2
    cp_estuary_72_a2a
    cp_hangar_b4 (and cp_hangar_a1, just for nostalgia)
    cp_mineworks_a6
    cp_redcanyon_a8
    cp_untextured_pa2
    ctf_redbread_a2
    koth_chilltower_a2

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you so much, this helps a lot.

I guess all that leaves is a version of chilltower with some detailing... defcon... and, grumble I guess, but the only thing noteworthy about grumble is my rather embarrassing meltdown when I found out it sucked.

In fact, looking back on it... I had a lot of embarrassing meltdowns on this site... Eh. Whatever. I was like, 15.

6. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    Welp... I looked through those old maps again... and looking back on them all, koth_preposterous in particular, felt kinda inspiring.

Namely, KotH_Preposterous was like the best thing I'd ever made and I didn't finish it. So... I think I might stick around here until I get that done.