KotH Dockyard

SirSock

L1: Registered
Mar 2, 2014
I've been working on this map on and off for the past few months, not got round to finishing a map in over 5 years and am quite proud of how it turned out. Intended to be played just like any other King of the Hill map, it's a similar size to koth_harvest, and so works best with 24 players and might get a bit crowded with 32, but it would certainly be exciting. Includes a (mostly) functioning navigation mesh for bots, they will occasionally get stuck however and they do enjoy to bathe in the radioactive water. If you run this map on your server please inform me so I can come play!

Last edited:

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
The detailing is quite nice, it makes a neat atmosphere.

I wager play testers will bitch about the dark areas though, and it seems like a lot of your cover relies on the use of props. Which is not a huge problem, but generates the risk of the dreaded "prop spam" critique.

Access to the CP could be problematic too, those stairs are pretty darn narrow.

Schrikvis

Aug 3, 2011
I'm already in love with this map.
Therefore, let's whine and moan.
The front railings in the (red) spawn area clip.
The murky water texture/overlay you chose near the floating barrles doesn't mesh well with the tf2 art style (pffha).
You didn't properly playerclip the stairs leading out of the murky water, re-clip all stairs while you're at it.
Your wood texture is reflective or something. It looks like there's a flashlight shining on the panels, which is not the effect you're going for.
Move the side-container route a bit closer to the main route. (more importantly; make it neutral-colored)
Here's an imgur album pointing out most imperfections.

Apart from that, it's great!
I especially liked the hl1-esque slush stirrers in the "etavirq" room.

SirSock

Mar 2, 2014
Thanks for the critique chaps, I'll keep it all in mind for if I make any future versions.

SirSock

Mar 2, 2014
New version is out! :)
V2 - Proper 3d skybox added
- Various tweaks and fixes across the map, fixed some abusive sniper spots
- Water radiation damage increased and walkways added
This update was intended mainly to improve the overall look and feel of the map with the 3d skybox making it feel larger, but also included some small game-play related fixes. Future versions may come, or I might start work on a new map. (possibly making a 5-cp version of this one)

SirSock

Mar 2, 2014
Alright, version 3 is out. This is probably the final version unless some game breaking bugs are found.