CTF Dockside

Aki

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 2, 2009
Dockside is a fairly small CTF map which takes place in two dockside warehouses. It started life as a Turbine rip but has evolved to the point to where it is no more similar to Turbine than Doublecross is to 2Fort. (Both have sewers, sniper decks and a bridge).

I haven't placed cubemaps yet, but the map is otherwise playable.

Last edited:

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
On the third screenshot... You have just a box inside another box. Add something interesting. Coldfront last or maybe 2fort intel room have good examples. Coldfront last looks like a hall for a secret base, and anyone that has ever been in 2fort intel room remembers of seeing a window that leads up to the goddamn central headquarters.

Aki

Nov 2, 2009
On the third screenshot... You have just a box inside another box. Add something interesting. Coldfront last or maybe 2fort intel room have good examples. Coldfront last looks like a hall for a secret base, and anyone that has ever been in 2fort intel room remembers of seeing a window that leads up to the goddamn central headquarters.

At this point the map needs testing before doing further elaborations like that. They are enough of a pain to add as is, and I don't want to add stuff like that and then need to pull it.

Also, have you ever worked in a warehouse? That is what they are for the most part - boxes within boxes.

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
At this point the map needs testing before doing further elaborations like that. They are enough of a pain to add as is, and I don't want to add stuff like that and then need to pull it.

Also, have you ever worked in a warehouse? That is what they are for the most part - boxes within boxes.

The "warehouse" you made is also a secret base. It's not unsupisious - It's just too big. If you were there, fighting, you would be paranoid.It is just like ctf_well entrance - sentry here, sentry there, bam! You can't enter the base.

Aki

Nov 2, 2009
Perhaps I should put fences around the warehouses and a two lane road between them. Sniper sight lines become worrisome if I do that though.

Aki

Nov 2, 2009
So, other than adding a road and some fences to the middle, any other suggestions for spreading this out more?