Do displacements work with light_spot?

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
KBaTG1y.jpg

As you can see, I'm under very bright light_spot but on the ground there is no light at all. Is it bug or feature and how I could fix it?

Hyperion

aa
Jun 8, 2015
Here is light_spot properties and screenshot from the Hammer (inner and outer angle are small just because of testing)
vxjRNkX.png

rvVXJ7P.png

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
We can't see what your brightness is, but your inner and outer cones are really narrow. Try increasing them to like 45/75 or something.

Hyperion

aa
Jun 8, 2015
There's a possibility that your prop is affecting the light. Try hiding it or temporarily removing it and seeing if the light starts to work.

That's it. Somehow prop will block lighting to ground but not to other entities, I have no idea why because light_spot is definitely not inside prop's model. Now I have to sort out how I could use that model anyway

Actually my map is somehow broken: I copied lamp model plus light from the other map and it stopped working in my map. Weird

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
That's it. Somehow prop will block lighting to ground but not to other entities, I have no idea why because light_spot is definitely not inside prop's model. Now I have to sort out how I could use that model anyway

Actually my map is somehow broken: I copied lamp model plus light from the other map and it stopped working in my map. Weird

It's almost certainly inside the prop's collision mesh.

Either move the light_spot out of the collision mesh (use :cm: ) or compile with -staticproppolys
How to: http://www.nodraw.net/2010/12/lighting-compile-options/
In short this is what it does:
lighting_case_ex3.jpg