DM dm_museum

Discussion in 'Non-Standard Maps' started by Meelo, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Meelo

Meelo L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    dm_museum - Discussion

I have created this thread in the hope of getting some usefull feedback. So far I think it works pretty well for my needs and requirements of having fun. But inputs or bug/glitch reports are most welcome.

The b8 version is the first one I have released on tf2maps since I have done some testing on my server in order to get rid of the most obvious bugs.

- Yes I do realize the map also serves as a trading map, but since I'm not so much into the trading aspect of TF2 i prefer calling it a DM map. :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  2. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
    Pretty, but it's as open as my ass (Very fucking open)

3. Meelo

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah okay I follow, as far as I have seen, the fooling around thing seems to maintain a decent level of fun gameplay what so ever. If you are talking about the outside area specificly, the vents are accessable from spawn and allows you to directly enter the building from there.

I have tried diffrent things with the outside area but I didnt think any of my ideas worked very well.

4. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    I spy some HL2 textures.

5. Meelo

Positive Ratings:
    Yes you probably do :) To be honest I havent checked the textures for being HL2 or TF2 meant to be.

The textures i have not made my self was chosen from how i thought they would fit in.
    Is it some kind of no-no in the community? ::p:

6. ades

ades L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yes HUGE no no
    also like the sign/banner things they made me laugh

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Meelo

Positive Ratings:
    Ah okay, guess I got to have that in mind in the future! Trying to avoid the texture no-no from now on then :)

Well thank you very much, I apriciate they fulfill their purpose of amusing people. :thumbup:

8. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    ...I won't ask.

9. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    When using the texture browser put "tf" into the keywords to filter out all the non-tf2 stuff, though by default a lot of the textures lack this keyword so I would suggest installing A Boojum Snark's Mapping Resource Pack as it alleviates this issue.

10. Kraken

Kraken Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess

Positive Ratings:
    Looks amazing, but for the textures you should look in to custom textures from the download.

11. Bunbun

aa Bunbun Gay sex slave

Positive Ratings:
    Make a giant whale skeleton and place it in screenshot 2

12. Meelo

Positive Ratings:
    I didnt know the pack did that aswell, pretty usefull info. Thank you! :laugh:

13. Meelo

Positive Ratings:
    Believe me, I have scouted the downloads section alot. Didnt find a suitable replacement, but ofcourse now when i realize black and purple squares migt be better than HL2 textures, I will reconcider. :D

14. Meelo

Positive Ratings:
    You do realize mapping and modelling requires two diffrent sets of skills right?
    Could be looking interesting, but then I would have to remove the round elevator in the floor, which lifts up the batmobile. (Button to open it, is on 1st. Floor at the windows.)