Dm_Mud

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by PhotoshopPaul, Sep 27, 2009.

1. PhotoshopPaul

PhotoshopPaul L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Well. I'm a newbie with Hammer, and this is my first actual map. Suggestions and other things are welcome, and feel free to post bugs and whatnot, so I can implement fixes in v7.

:3

2. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    This may but a bit harsh but I have advise you to scrap it. Why? Beacuse its only 2 spawns and a small playing feild, thats it. You encourage players to get on the tops of spawn by giving the only heath/ammo packs on the map. The list goes on and on. Unless you make this map much much much bigger and give the teams a better objetive other than just kill each other, I am sorry to say that this map has no real future. I hope your other maps will greatly improve on this one.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. PhotoshopPaul

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the criticism. Really though, this was sort of like a map where I was putting it all together. This WAS my first semi-serious map. I look forward to remaking it in the future.

BTW, there are other medkits and ammopacks. They're sort of hidden.

4. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, you've obviously learned a lot, and now that you know how make maps, look at how others have made theirs. and learn that. There's a lot of theory behind map making and if you know what to look for, looking for it is probably the best way to learn it.

Good Luck.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. PhotoshopPaul

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the tips.

6. JLx14

JLx14 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings: