dm_meds

eZeeD

L1: Registered
May 31, 2010
my new map for team Deathmatch . now i trying add capture points and change map gametype..again sorrya for my english:O

Last edited:

eZeeD

May 31, 2010
arena gametype its like duel? or team v team?just map no so small for duel 1 v 1 ,where i may look this ? func_detailed .i am no so good in english

eZeeD

May 31, 2010
i dont make brush with func_detail, i create with Block tool.For what need this func_detail?

DjD

L5: Dapper Member
May 18, 2010
I probably said it wrong.
You create a brush with the block tool, AFTER that you press ctrl+T to make it func_detail.
It reduces compile time. (VVIS ignores func_details and doesnt create visleaves)

eZeeD

May 31, 2010
how i may select all my brush for creating func_detail for all brushes?or i no need this after compile ? just i creating with only blocks and add light ,some triggers and compile.. thats all

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
When you make brushes into func_detail, it makes compiling go faster.

To func_detail a brush, select it with the Select tool (press escape), then press ctrl-t. THEN compile; the time it takes to compile the map should be much shorter with func_detailed brushes.

Note: make sure not to func_detail everything. This will result in horrible in-game performance. In your first screenshot, f_detail the metal cage and the thin brushes on the wall; in the second, the wooden planks on the ground; third, the doors and plates sticking out; fourth, all the angled brushes and the thin wooden supports on the wall; fifth, the coffins, planks, and angled brushes.

Another note: you did not build cubemaps, which gives you those pink-and black squares on some props and brushes. To get rid of those, place an env_cubemap point entity in each room/main area; then play the map in TF2, and type the following into the console (~ key, below Esc):

Code:
mat_specular 0
buildcubemaps
mat_specular 1
disconnect
sv_cheats 1
mat_reloadallmaterials
sv_cheats 0

Mar 23, 2010
I never really understood deathmatch, why not just make an Arena..

you must be joking. have you every played TD? fun as hell when they limit to solly, demo, scout, and sniper.

Ozi

Jan 8, 2010
This map reminds me psychedelic Max Payne 2 levels :) .
And I also think dm maps are more fun than arena.

eZeeD

May 31, 2010
after compile i no see brushes created with func_detail ,how i may change it?

DjD

L5: Dapper Member
May 18, 2010
if you tie brushes over big distances to the same entity, they'll disappear.
That means, dont make for example all 4 walls of a building the same func_detail, make every single wall individually func_detail.