dm_meds

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by eZeeD, Jun 2, 2010.

1. eZeeD

eZeeD L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    my new map for team Deathmatch . now i trying add capture points and change map gametype..again sorrya for my english:O

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  2. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    I never really understood deathmatch, why not just make an Arena..

Anyway, that 4th screen shots brush work looks nice, please tell me you func_detailed.

3. eZeeD

Positive Ratings:
    arena gametype its like duel? or team v team?just map no so small for duel 1 v 1 ,where i may look this ? func_detailed .i am no so good in english

4. DjD

DjD L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    if you make a brush and want to make it a func_detail, click on it and press ctrl+T. then click OK.

5. eZeeD

Positive Ratings:
    i dont make brush with func_detail, i create with Block tool.For what need this func_detail?

6. DjD

Positive Ratings:
    I probably said it wrong.
    You create a brush with the block tool, AFTER that you press ctrl+T to make it func_detail.
    It reduces compile time. (VVIS ignores func_details and doesnt create visleaves)

7. eZeeD

Positive Ratings:
    how i may select all my brush for creating func_detail for all brushes?or i no need this after compile ? just i creating with only blocks and add light ,some triggers and compile.. thats all

8. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    When you make brushes into func_detail, it makes compiling go faster.

To func_detail a brush, select it with the Select tool (press escape), then press ctrl-t. THEN compile; the time it takes to compile the map should be much shorter with func_detailed brushes.

Note: make sure not to func_detail everything. This will result in horrible in-game performance. In your first screenshot, f_detail the metal cage and the thin brushes on the wall; in the second, the wooden planks on the ground; third, the doors and plates sticking out; fourth, all the angled brushes and the thin wooden supports on the wall; fifth, the coffins, planks, and angled brushes.

Another note: you did not build cubemaps, which gives you those pink-and black squares on some props and brushes. To get rid of those, place an env_cubemap point entity in each room/main area; then play the map in TF2, and type the following into the console (~ key, below Esc):

Code:
    mat_specular 0
    buildcubemaps
    mat_specular 1
    disconnect
    sv_cheats 1
    mat_reloadallmaterials
    sv_cheats 0

9. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    you must be joking. have you every played TD? fun as hell when they limit to solly, demo, scout, and sniper.

10. Ozi

Ozi L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This map reminds me psychedelic Max Payne 2 levels :) .
    And I also think dm maps are more fun than arena.

11. eZeeD

Positive Ratings:
    after compile i no see brushes created with func_detail ,how i may change it?

12. DjD

Positive Ratings:
    if you tie brushes over big distances to the same entity, they'll disappear.
    That means, dont make for example all 4 walls of a building the same func_detail, make every single wall individually func_detail.