Dive

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Azulsun, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Azulsun

Azulsun L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Disregard this map. It never existed.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. pl

pl L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just a tip with your red spytechy room, I would move the lights away from the walls and the ceiling because it looks a little bit dodgy like that :)

On the other hand, I really like the style of the buildings in the first shot! The white trim and the brown wood go well together.

3. Apom

Apom L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, I like the wooden buildings too. I hope there are more acroos the map :]

4. Vander

Vander L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    /has visions of facing down 15 Red sentry guns defending the intel room.

5. BagOfChips

BagOfChips L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Why does a red building have BLU logo on it?

/nitpick

6. Uriak

Uriak L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Isn't that what all attack/defend maps are all about ? It's a good idea to try to refresh the ctf gameplay. Is the map layout designed to have an interesting "fleeing with intel" part ? (question is, would a CP be played in the same way ?)

7. KarmaKaze

KarmaKaze L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think this will be fun to playtest. Like the idea of BLU attacking. You probably need to mark the BLU capture area with the "Capture Zone" overlay just to make sure everyone on BLU knows where to take intel. Also I dropped down in a small hole in one part and thought I was stuck....it looks like you should be able to run right thru the door but you need to crouch....maybe just raise that doorway a bit.
    Do the teams change after one wins?
    I didn't notice any obvious broken things.
    I think this is a very cool beginning...submit for next gameday(whenever that is.)

8. Azulsun

Azulsun L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    There aren't yet. But I like them too, and I'm thinking about adding more areas to the map in the future so another outside section could be cool.

It's supposed to be Blu's spawn... I guess I need to be more obvious about it.

I considered this problem, but I decided to wait for the results of some actual playtesting to see if it's really going to be that bad. Maybe I should add some incentive for Red to not camp...