Displacement texture error

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Werewolf, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Werewolf

aa Werewolf Probably not a real Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    I am having an issue with displacements in my map, or rather the textures (I think). So far as I can tell, all my displacements have been built correctly according to the various guides on this site and elsewhere.

However when I compile the map I get the following error in my console, spammed in lovely red text, and the displacements themselves are not rendered:
    Code:
    Material coalmines/dirtground004 does not support vertex format used by the mesh (maybe missing fields or mismatched vertex compression?), mesh will not be rendered. Grab a programmer!
    Material coalmines/dirtground004 does not support vertex format used by the mesh (maybe missing fields or mismatched vertex compression?), mesh will not be rendered. Grab a programmer!
    I've tried various textures to see if its texture specific including lifting a rock texture from Badlands and it still does not compile.

Does anyone have any ideas what this error is and how to fix it?

2. MoonFox

MoonFox L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    my diagnostic is that you have invalid solids. can you include a picture of your displacements?

3. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    What power are they? Do you know which displacements they are? Is the texture edited? Did you grab a programmer? Is it all displacements or just the one(s)? Have you tried remaking them?