Displacement texture error

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
I am having an issue with displacements in my map, or rather the textures (I think). So far as I can tell, all my displacements have been built correctly according to the various guides on this site and elsewhere.

However when I compile the map I get the following error in my console, spammed in lovely red text, and the displacements themselves are not rendered:
Code:
Material coalmines/dirtground004 does not support vertex format used by the mesh (maybe missing fields or mismatched vertex compression?), mesh will not be rendered. Grab a programmer!
Material coalmines/dirtground004 does not support vertex format used by the mesh (maybe missing fields or mismatched vertex compression?), mesh will not be rendered. Grab a programmer!

I've tried various textures to see if its texture specific including lifting a rock texture from Badlands and it still does not compile.

Does anyone have any ideas what this error is and how to fix it?

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
Werewolf [UK];335786 said:
I am having an issue with displacements in my map, or rather the textures (I think). So far as I can tell, all my displacements have been built correctly according to the various guides on this site and elsewhere.

However when I compile the map I get the following error in my console, spammed in lovely red text, and the displacements themselves are not rendered:
Code:

I've tried various textures to see if its texture specific including lifting a rock texture from Badlands and it still does not compile.

Does anyone have any ideas what this error is and how to fix it?

my diagnostic is that you have invalid solids. can you include a picture of your displacements?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
What power are they? Do you know which displacements they are? Is the texture edited? Did you grab a programmer? Is it all displacements or just the one(s)? Have you tried remaking them?