Displacement problems

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by DrSquishy, Jun 18, 2017.

1. DrSquishy

DrSquishy L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I love using displacements and they have added so much to my map, but quite often there are very small gaps between them and no matter how hard i try, they won't disappear. Not even the sew tool works. How can i close them?

2. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    check your vertice points - they aren't aligned

3. DrSquishy

Positive Ratings:
    If i were to align them, that would mean redoing hours worth of work

4. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Well then your choice is either to save hours of work that was done wrong or do it right and get rid of the problem.

5. DrSquishy

Positive Ratings:
    Decided to save a copy of the unedited version, and am now re doing a different copy to see what i prefer

6. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    It's impossible to sew displacements unless the vertices are aligned (or if a vertex is exactly in the middle of another displacement's edge, i think).
    So unfortunately you will have to align them if you want to solve the issue. In the future, plan your displacements like a quilt and align everything the first time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DrSquishy

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah. The thing is that I had a previous section of the map that looked amazing, so i copy pasted a section of that into my normal area:/