Displacement Grass Sprites

Pyr0

L1: Registered
Jun 16, 2018
Sorry to be a bother, but I cant work out how to fix this. The small sprites that appear on displacement grass don't appear. After checking the interlopers compile checker it says something about missing detail props from bad porting, though I don't understand the solution seeing as I'm using no mods. This affects all grass blend textures for some reason, including base game textures.
Capture.PNG

Any idea how to fix this?

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
I'm not 100% sure of this, but don't you need to specify the .VBSP file used in the Map Properties? The default is the 2fort sprites

Pyr0

Jun 16, 2018
That looked like the solution, but upon doing that for the swamp pack I'm not getting the error message in the compile checker, but they still don't appear in game. Is there something else I may be missing?

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
If you go map -> map properties, what do you have listed there under detail .vbsp file and detail material file?

EDIT

To clarify more, different displacement textures have different detail types in the vmt file. So not all detail types will show up on them, unless you input the correct one.

Last edited:

Pyr0

Jun 16, 2018
For context I'm using the swamp pack with the swampmudtograss001 blend. In the map properties I'm using detail_swamp.vbsp under detail vbsp file and detail/detailsprites_swamp. It should be fetching these files from my custom folder.