Disabling KOTH overtime

Zhan

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 18, 2010
A quick question: anyone know of a way to disable overtime in KOTH maps? All information I've seen points to "No", but I'm posting just in case anyone knows otherwise.

To try to force a win when a team's timer reaches zero on my multi-point KOTH map Doublepoint, I'm using a couple game_round_win entities triggered by the timers, but I think the trouble is that they won't trigger a win while control points are still being contested. Is there a way around this?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
There is no way to disable it, a slight workaround would be firing off the 1 second remaining output through a delayed relay that can be canceled if needed. Might still be some problems with that depending on what you want to achieve.

a_sock

L1: Registered
Apr 12, 2018
maybe locking the control points when time runs out could help

Sorry for this fat Necro, but for anyone stumbling across this post while looking for ways to circumvent overtime:

Locking a control point as a timer reaches zero prevents overtime!

Because team_round_timers won't fire their OnFinished Outputs when a CP is partially capped, the command to lock the control point has to be fired On1SecondRemaining, with a delay of a second.

Doing this will still trigger the announcer to briefly say "O-" when someone is currently capping the point, but changing the delay from a full second to 0.8 seconds has fixed that for me.

Last edited: