Disabling crits from capping the intel

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Piesofthesky, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Piesofthesky

Piesofthesky L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I have attempted to disable the crits a team gets from capping the intel, with little success. I haven't been able to find any tutorial on this topic, but I did find a reddit post discussing how it works on sd_doomsday.

I currently have been using a logic_auto and a point_servercommand. My logic_auto has an output OnMapSpawn. It targets my point_servercommand, which I named "command_nocapcrits". Via the output, it sends a Command with a parameter override of "tf_ctf_bonus_time 0". I also gave it a delay of 5 seconds. This is because I was told that using a point_servercommand without any delay can lead to crashes. 5 seconds is plenty, and still sufficiently short to ensure that the intel isn't capped before the command is given.

Suggestions?

2. Three Million

Three Million L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    The crit boost helps prevent massive turtling, but aside from that how you have things set up is pretty much the only way, unless you go with a plugin. The crit boost after a cap is kind of hard coded into the game.

3. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, unfortunately i don't believe that you can disable cap crits on your map without point_servercommands. It really is a shame, because it means that any server running it would need to have point_servercommands allowed - which they aren't by default (as maps could then be made to try and mess things up on the server).

4. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
  5. Dr. Orange

Dr. Orange L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not sure if it works or not, as I haven't tested it, but there is supposedly an input to tf_gamerules called "SetCTFCaptureBonusTime" that sets the length of the crit bonus when capturing the flag in CTF. My guess is setting it to 0 will disable crits, but that's just a guess.

6. Piesofthesky

Piesofthesky L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys, I was travelling home from uni.

I made a tf_gamerules and gave it the command as Dr. Orange suggested and it worked! No more capture crits.
    It turns out there is also a tf_gamerules in sd_doomsday which does the exact same thing.

As for turtling, I intend to open new pathways to attack through upon capping which will disincentivize spawncamping.

Thank you all for your suggestions and helping me fix my map.