Disabling an A/D Round

ParanoidDrone

L3: Member
Feb 19, 2009
I'm currently working on a multistage A/D map, cp_quarry. </shameless plug> Only the first stage is playable right now, so I'm working on the second and (eventually) third.

When I was making a1, I found that if I deleted the team_control_point_round entities for rounds 2 and 3, then the map still played fine and teams switched properly once the second point was captured. So I tried a similar strategy, with just the tcpr for rounds 1 and 2 in place, but it caused the game to crash when I captured the second point. Leaving all three tcpr entities in caused no problems, predictably enough.

At this point it's probably important to clarify that I had copied A Boojum Snark's A/D setup from his game mode library and cordoned off the unused control points. in their own little box outside of the rest of the map, while the rest of the entities such as team_control_point_round were all collected in one area inside the map proper.

Which brings me to my question: How can I disable the third round of a multistage A/D map, preferably in a way that makes it easy to re enable it when I'm ready to have all 3 playable?

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
If I am remembering properly, the easiest way is to make all of stage three's CPs default to being owned by blue. Then once blue takes stage one and two they own all points and it ends.

ParanoidDrone

Feb 19, 2009

I never thought of that. Thanks.

Still doesn't explain why TF2 crashes when I delete the round 3 entity only, but not round 3 and round 2 together.

ParanoidDrone

Feb 19, 2009
I'd expect that too, but when I had just the first stage I was able to delete the round 2/3 control entities entirely without any problems at all. (That I could see, anyway.) It's more the fact that round 1 = fine but round 1 + 2 = whaarblgarbl that was confusing me.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
In Panamint we made a version with only s1 and s2 in it and the entities worked properly when I just deleted the round 3 entities and changed the spawnentities for RED in s2. :O